Being the first official Sunday of football season, I thought it was the perfect time for a post about fall. This is by far my favorite time of year for many reasons. From the beginning of football season through the first of the year there is so much that happens and it all makes me so happy.
I remember in my moms group last year, a few people commented on how sad they were that summer was over, and I went crazy explaining all the great things about fall. I don’t think I changed their minds, but I did make them a little more excited about fall. So I figured why not share with all of you all the reasons I love fall.
- Football Season – There is something about football season that makes me happy (even if I am a Browns fan). Sitting around on the weekend, hanging out with family and friends and doing basic chores. There is something so familiar and comfortable knowing what to expect each week.
- Cool weather – I love the cool brisk air. Busting out the fall wardrobe, throwing on a sweater or sweatshirt but still being able to go outside without freezing. It’s so calming and refreshing. Then coming home and curling up with hot chocolate, a chai tea latte or a hot apple cider to warm up.
- Everything Pumpkin – Although there are people much more pumpkin obsessed than me, I still enjoy a pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls, and whatever else i feel like making that includes pumpkin.
- Comfort Food – Soups, stews and roasts in the crock pot. There is nothing better than the house smelling delicious over the course of the day while dinner is cooking. And then there is Apple Pie. . . Who doesn’t love a fresh, homemade apple pie?
- Fall activities – Apple picking, pumpkin picking, apple cider, corn mazes, hay rides, halloween, trick or treat . . . need I say more?
- The Holidays – Fall is the beginning of all the holidays that are full of traditions and family; Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. . . I am SUPER excited, especially now that Austin is older and will be able to enjoy the festivities this year and we can start some of our own family traditions.
So, have I convinced you? What is your favorite time of year?